Made in Germany - Shipped from Germany
(use the arrows on the left and right sides in the middle of the frame to scroll through pictures)
The Sky-Watcher EQ6-R (Pro) mount is definitely one of the best mounts for astrophotography. Still, there are three things which bothered me:
- The bubble leveler is very insensitive and heard to read out in the dark, unless you have a very strong lamp
- The latitude adjustment bolt is overcomplicated and hard to use
- It would be nice to get some places for better cable management
This kit provides parts to imrove the above.
The kit contents:
- Bolt head and screw which can be placed on the same thread base of the bolt provided by Sky-Watcher instead of the funky turning head
- A holder for high sensitivity glass-metal circular leveler. You need the model 4130, 14mm diameter, 20' sensivity from this shop.
- A piece of doudle-sided adhesive tape to put the above holder on the top of the current one. The new one basicaly covers it.
- Cable holder clip for the latitude bolt (larger diameter)
- 5 smaller cable holder clips for other bolts
- 2 cable holder caps for the polaris scope opening (one for cables and one as a real cap)
- ~15cm hook-and-pile fastener (also known as “velcro” (R) fastner)
See the gallery of the kit for application of the parts.
If you have questions, feedback or suggestions for custom changes, please contact us using this form.